Looking for big revelations that the time is right for you to make some health changes? Here are 25 little inspirations to inspire you now!
As Elder Uchtdorf took the stand as the first speaker at General Conference and announced his topic in his distinct German voice, I marvelled at how he pronounced “the road to Damascus” as if it were the destination of a lifetime. Indeed, for Paul, it was. In his gifted style he developed his premise that Paul’s experience was the exception, rather than the rule for receiving divine personal messages. As he elaborated on his thesis that many of us are looking for heavenly revelations to confirm what we already know is right for us, the thought registered for me that not only is this true for accepting and practicing the great principles of the gospel for its blessings, but also for accepting and practicing the great principles of health and its attendant blessings.
How often do we delay in decisions and choices, waiting for something “big” to confirm that we are really “ready” or “in need” of making important life-style choices and changes? Most of us know what to do as well as we know our own names, yet ignore or delay the habits that make both short and long-term differences. By so doing we deny ourselves both the immediate blessings (energy, peace and self-confidence) that come from smart eating and exercise, as well as avoiding the issues that our are concerned about.
Elder Uchtdorf reminded us, and then Elder Bednar confirmed just a few minutes later, that the biggest miracles of our lives stem from the smallest inspiration, good common sense and being open to the wisdom of others
Here are 25 small inspirations that may be just what you need to help motivate your own wise choices.
25 Reasons to eat right and exercise
1. To feel good about ourselves.
2. To have “the glow” from the endorphins of exercising
4. To easily buy clothes with some style to them that fit correctly.
5. To be able to tie your shoes/paint toenails.
6. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully.
7. To wear a bathing suit and have fun with friends and family.
8. To cross your legs or sit with them crossed.
9. To be able to play at the playground with our kids
10. To not turn red and be breathless after moderate exertion.
11. To be able to pick something up off the floor.
12. Happy comments from the doctor about cholesterol and blood pressure
13. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides.
14. To enjoy having your picture taken
15. To go dancing and ride a bike
16. To not worry about rashes and sweating.
17. To not have to be concerned with the comments of “caring” people
18. To not worry about what others are thinking about the foods you are choosing
19. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because you know your weight will impede you.
20. To fit comfortably in the driver’s seat.
21. To have belts fit comfortably
22. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, motorcycle, exercise equipment, etc.
23. To not wake up feeling achy in the back and tired in the joints
24. To never be embarrassed about your size.
25. To be able to put on wedding rings again.
Though these are just a few inspirations, they are plenty to get us started on realizing that we don’t need anything more than hope, vision and desire
Special Note From Carolyn: Do you have health questions for Dr. Miller, the creator of my very special herbal health tonic? I will be spending several days with him next week and will be glad to arrange a phone consultation. I also have never-before-offered special just for Meridian readers for this week only . Click here for more information.
Carolyn Allen has been providing weight loss inspiration since 1999 both online and in community venues in the Washington, D.C. area. Her book, 60 seconds to Weight Loss Success, is available at Amazon.com Her favorite food is steamed broccoli (lots of it!) with a little butter and lemon-pepper. Learn more about her herbal health tonic at www.MyMiracleTea.com