January 2013 marked the start of a new Mutual theme: “Stand ye in holy places and be not moved.” To go along with the new theme, the New Era has issued a call for reader submitted photos of the person standing in a place holy to them.
Here’s what several people have told the New Era is a holy place to them:
- The desk where I paint
- My room where I read my scriptures
- The beach where I take time to ponder
- Mutual activities
- The temple
- My home
- The piano where I play
- A nearby park
- Any service project
Here’s how to submit your photo:
- Take a picture of yourself in your holy place.
- Go to newera.lds.org and click “Submit Material,” or email at email@example.com“, and attach your hi-res photo.
- Add a personalized message about how and where you stand in holy places (such as, “I stand in a holy place when I . . . because . . .”).
- Be sure to include your name, age, location, ward and stake, and parent’s contact information.
Submitted photos may be selected to appear on youth.lds.org, on the New Era Facebook page, or in an upcoming issue of the New Era.
Additionally, New Era has issued four separate covers for the January issue of the magazine. The content inside the magazine was the same, different covers show youth standing in a place that is holy to them.