The Worldwide Leadership Training will not be a one-time broadcasted event this year. Instead, the new training will be held online in nine segments. The training will focus on “strengthening families and the Church through the priesthood,” and is intended for parents, as well as stake and ward leadership.
“All sons and daughters of God will be blessed if they follow the teachings and examples of these presentations,” said Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve. “Truly all of the blessings of the priesthood can come to His faithful children because of our Savior’s Atonement.”
The new format for the leadership training will be nine short videos, already available on the Church website . The videos are available for all Church members around the world. The content will also be made available on DVD to wards and stakes.
The videos include (in no particular order):
1. A roundtable discussion led by Elder L. Tom Perry explains how leaders who hold priesthood keys can strengthen homes and families. The discussion includes Elder Donald H. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy, Bishop Dean M. Davies of the Presiding Bishopric, and various ward and stake priesthood leaders who discuss priesthood keys and how they are used to serve the families in their wards and stakes.
2. Elder Whitney Clayton and Elder Craig Christensen teach leaders and members how they can more effectively minister to others. The video includes comments from participants about key points of the visits they made to members and families (shown) and their thoughts about using the priesthood to strengthen families and the Church.
3. Elder Dallin H. Oaks leads a discussion on how families can find strength and peace through the power of the priesthood. Vidoe includes Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. and Bishop Grald Causs. Using personal examples and stories from their own lives, they discuss how the priesthood is exercised in the home and how it strengthens families.
3. Elder Ballard, Elder Rasband, Bishop Stevens, and Sister Linda K. Burton, Sister Elaine S. Dalton, and Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, discuss how to help every family experience the blessings of the priesthood. Using Mary Fielding Smith’s life as an example, (the video is filmed in her historic home) they discuss how the priesthood blesses the families of God, including when those families are led by single mothers.
4. Sister Wixom, Sister Burton, and Sister Dalton are joined by sisters from the Church in various stages of life and circumstances. A single mother, a mother of young children and a grandmother each give their point of view about how the priesthood works in the family. The women discuss how to bring up children in light and truth.
Leaders and members are encouraged to create the most powerful part of the training by discussing each video segment after viewing it. As leaders, members and families ponder, share and testify about what they have heard and felt, it is hoped that the Holy Ghost will inspire and teach them how to apply the instruction to their own circumstances. Through these experiences, members will help strengthen families and individuals in the Church throughout the world by understanding the priesthood of God and its purpose.