The First Presidency Christmas Devotional will be held on Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 6:00 PM MST and originate from the Conference Center Auditorium. It will feature the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square . Members of the First Presidency will be the speakers
This devotional will be broadcast live to all stake centers and ward or branch buildings with satellite hookups. BYU Television will also broadcast the devotional live on BYUTV and rebroadcast the program December 12 at 9:00 AM (all times are Mountain Standard Time); December 14 at 12:00 PM; December 16 at 11:00 AM; December 24 at 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM (Christmas Eve); December 25 at 7:00 AM (Christmas Day) and December 31 at 5:00 PM (New Year’s Eve).
Free tickets are required for the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Due to the very high demand, tickets will be distributed through a random selection process.
- Patrons may register on the Internet at www.lds.org/events for the opportunity to receive tickets.
- The registration period will be from Saturday, October 18, 2008, at 12:01 a.m. through Tuesday, October 28, 2008, at 11:59 p.m.
- Those without Internet access can register over the phone at (801) 570-0080 or outside Salt Lake City at 1-866-LDS-TIKS during regular business hours (M-F, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- All registrations received during this period will have equal chances at receiving tickets in the random selection process.
- Not all registrations will be selected to receive tickets.
- Only one registration per household can be accepted.
- The maximum number of tickets requested per household will be a limit of six (6).
- Patrons not selected to receive tickets will be notified by e-mail.
- Patrons who are selected will receive their tickets in the mail.
- Tickets are required for this event. Those with tickets should be in their seats 1/2 hour before the event start time. Standby seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The standby line is formed at the north gate of Temple Square . For this event, admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages eight and older. No babies, please. Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event. Interpretation by an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter is available for this event. Language translation headsets are available for this event. Best dress is requested. Those attending this event are advised that cameras, recording devices, backpacks, food, and beverages are not allowed in the Conference Center .
- Those attending the event should consider seasonal traffic congestion, plan to arrive early, and park in designated parking areas only.
- On the day of the event, the Conference Center doors will open at 4:30 p.m. The length of the devotional is approximately 60 minutes.