SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will make audition materials available for 1st sopranos and 2nd basses during the first week of January 2004. Range for 1st sopranos should extend effortlessly to high C (two octaves above middle C), and 2nd basses’ range should include an effortless low C
(two octaves below middle C).
Those interested in applying can do either of the following from 2 January through 9 January 2004:
• Download application materials and detailed instructions from the choir Web site at www.mormontabernaclechoir.org (click on “Auditions”) or
• Request the materials to be sent to them by calling the choir office at (801) 240-4150.
Completed application materials must be postmarked no later than 30 January 2004. Because of security regulations, they cannot be dropped off at Church offices.
Candidates for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 25 and 55 years of age.
- Live within a 100-miles radius of the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing.
Following the close of the January audition application request period, the next audition opportunity will be the first week in July 2004.