In preparation for this weekend’s conference, how can you prepare yourself and your family for general conference?
General conference is a semiannual gathering of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. During general conference weekend, Church members and others who are interested gather worldwide in a series of 2-hour sessions to receive inspiration and instruction from Church leaders.
- Visit the conference photo gallery.
- Watch the video “Why Conference Matters” to hear what President Monson and members from around the world say about the importance of conference.
General conference is intended to be a revelatory experience as you learn from living prophets and apostles through the power and influence of the Holy Ghost. To make the experience more meaningful, we should attend with prayerful hearts to help us receive of the Spirit while we are there. Here are a few suggestions on how to prepare yourself so you get the most out of the conference experience:
- Review the blessings of general conference.
- Watch highlights from last conference.
- Listen for things you can do immediately. Read one family’s experience of how general conference changed their life.
Each parent has a special responsibility to help prepare children for a happy and successful experience at general conference. Having the children fed and dressed in time to avoid a last-minute rush will help. Quietly explaining what is taking place in the meeting can help them understand and enjoy it.
- Read ideas on how to prepare your children.
- View conference activities for children. Note that there are some new coloring pages.
You can find more articles on technology and the LDS Church at www.ldsmediatalk.com