How to make aebleskiver your family will love!
I guarantee your family will love aebleskiver-Danish puffed pastries. After all, we’re talking strawberry shortcake, salted caramel, and a hundred more.
We lived high on a hill overlooking the university and on to Fairbanks, Alaska. At night, from our dining room, you could see the lights of the city while northern lights rippled overhead.
I made Merri Ann one of those candlelight and white linen dinners that I was so much better at doing when I was younger. She loves steaks so dinner was easy. But the dessert-I always try to make something different and extra special for dessert. It’s my way of telling her that she is extra special and that I love her.
Aebleskiver are extra special but easy enough that you can make them often.
Make them from scratch or make them from a mix. Since they are called Danish Puff Pastries, they work as a snack or a dessert but often they are served for breakfast. They certainly beat pancakes. They’re great as your family’s signature breakfast or for a special occasion. Your family will appreciate you every time you make them.
They’re easy. They’re good. They’re fun.
See how easy aebleskiver are to make!
There are five basic steps to making aebleskiver on the stovetop.
- Step 1: Heat the pan. Put a dab of butter in each cavity.
- Step 2: Place a small scoop of batter in each cavity.
- Step 3: Add a spoonful of filling.
- Step 4: Top the filling with another scoop of batter.
- Step 5: Turn the aebleskiver.
Serve them hot. Drizzle them with syrup or a sauce or add a dollop of whipped cream.
Now, watch how they’re done!
How to Make Aebleskiver>>
How to Make 100 Different Aebleskiver!
We thought we knew aebleskiver-till we bought this book by Kevin Crafts. He’s taken aebleskiver to a whole new level with recipes like pumpkin pie aebleskivers, strawberry shortcake aebleskivers, and molten chocolate lava aebleskivers. Now we can see hundreds of ways to make aebleskiver. Look at some of the recipes that he has in his book-over 40 in all.
- crunchy cinnamon ebelskivers
- honey-glazed buttermilk ebelskivers
- streusel-topped ebelskivers
- lemon-poppy seed ebelskivers
- iced gingerbread ebelskivers
- corn cakes with blueberry compote
- cherry-almond ebelskivers
- double-blackberry ebelskivers
- raspberry jam-filled ebelskivers
- jelly donut ebelskivers
- ebelskivers with spiced apple filling
- lemon curd-filled ebelskivers
- strawberry shortcake pancakes
- cream cheese-filled spiced pancakes
- peanut butter & jelly ebelskivers
- sticky toffee ebelskivers
- chocolate truffle ebelskivers
- pumpkin pie ebelskivers
- molten chocolate ebelskivers
But you can create your own. Mix your favorite fillings with your choice of batters or mixes and top them the way you like. Explore the unlimited ways you can make aebleskiver.
Can you see dozens of aebleskiver that your family will love?
You can get started with only a pan. Mixes mean that you quickly whip up a batch when you are short on time. If you’d like to explore a lot of fun recipes, get the book.
We think your family will fall in love with aebleskiver–just as we have.