I have been doing exercise long enough I know it is something that I will need to do the rest of my life. Keeping it fresh and interesting is a key to motivation in this area.
For me I have selected four different exercises. First, and the one that I love to most is bike riding. Next would be walking then water aerobics and weights. I also know that lifting weights is a real key for woman as it strengthens the bones and as one gets older that is so important to keep you from getting osteoporosis.
I also know I need to always be on the lookout for variety to keep my enthusiasm up for exercise.
Today I am in St. George Utah. It has more bike baths and one can ever imagine. I brought a fold up bike in my car so I could go out and ride. This morning I was up early and off on my bike. WOW what a joy it is to be in a new place with new scenery and a new environment. I found my enthusiasm was renewed. After about 1 hour and half I came back to where I was stay and all I could think about was going out again.
I have decided that adding variety to exercise is such a key to keeping my enthusiasm up for that part of my life.
Here are some ideas that may help you along the path of exercise:
1. Look for a social way to be active. That could be a group of people that you go walking with or and activity you prepare and train for. This spring I got a call from a friend who said “Let’s get ready and join that group the rides their bike across Iowa.” My answer was yes, so I now have a new goal to work toward and it is really keeping me riding.
2. For weight lifting I decided to go to Curves to learn what they offer. I have learned some new routings and machines but the best part is that I have started stretching after every workout. I can see how important stretching is to the routine of exercise.
3. Get a trainer for a few lessons. I will meet with a trainer this week to review what I am doing and give me some new insight on how I can improve.
4. Meet people who are active and they will inspire you by the things that they do and enjoy. I am visiting a friend in St George and her husband shared with me that he had been working out for 30 years. I was so inspired by his story it gave me new insights and inspiration to keep going.
5. The last one that I want to do is to set up some15-minute routines that I can do. Often I wait for the hour of time and the day slips away and by the end of the day I am too tired to do anything.
I am and will always be on the outlook for a new twist and a new routine to keep me on the path of moving. I feel so much better now that I am active. It has opened up a new life that I love and enjoy. See you on the journey.
Dian’s Library Special: It has been 36 years since Dian started her media career with an appearance on the NBC Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Right now she has a special on her five books (sold over a million copies) and one video for the blockbuster price of $40.00 (regular price is $95.00). Go to www.dianthomas.com
Dian’s new book: titled Tipping the Scales in Your Favor is now available. View Dian’s weight loss journey on a video by BYU and get an autographed copy of her new book www.dianthomas.com
Meet Dian Thomas: Dian will be doing book signings through out Utah June and July for the Fresh Market Store, Dan’s and Macey’s. Come have her help you with your next camping trip or healthy living journey. Go to www.dianthomas.com for her schedule. She is happy to help you.