The challenge of weight loss is not to get it off, but to keep it off. Those who follow The Biggest Loser see how many of them struggle after they leave the ranch. For me, it seems to be stress that drives me to eat food that I would not otherwise eat. One thing I know is that I have to work just as hard at keeping the weight off as I do in getting it off. This afternoon I said to myself, “enough.” I have to take some time off and exercise. So today I am off to the bike store to get my bike ready to ride.
In weight loss we will have our ups and downs. It is not in falling that matters, it is in getting up and going—that is the key. Here are a few tips that I follow when I get too busy:
1. Write down the goals for food and exercise the night before. This helps keep me on track by making the decision in advance. The more specific I can be, the better.
2. Push to get in some daily exercise. I always have a pedometer and extra steps add up to my daily exercise. If I can get in 10,000 a day I am usually OK.
3. This next week I am going to set up my meals two days before they are needed by measuring out my portions. This takes out the nibbling process.
4. If I find a problem food, which in my case is cheese, I try not to bring it into the house. When I do use cheese for a photo shoot, I give it away after the picture is taken.
5. Ask for help. Support is such a key to this process. When you
Always remember it is all the small steps that make a bring difference.
View Dian’s weight loss journey on a new video by BYU
Dian is writing a new book that will be released in March. The title is Tipping the Scales in Your Favor, Small Steps that Make a Big Difference to Your Health, Your Weight and Your Happiness. You can preorder it by going to http://dianthomas.com/weight-loss.htm
Dian will also give you private access to a special area on her website for only those who have purchased the book. There are more than 40 articles there waiting for you to get started. Act today, so you can take advantage of her creative ideas that took her from 326 to 200 pounds. Dian shares her step-by-step plan that took her to a “new life.” One lady who wanted to start on Dian’s program today said that she was going to read one article every day.