With fires raging in southern California, the Church has reported as of Tuesday afternoon:
- All missionaries are safe.
- Hundreds of members have opened their homes to give refuge to evacuee families.
- Twelve meetinghouses are being used as temporary shelters. In several locations, occupants have been moved from one meetinghouse to another as mandatory evacuation areas have expanded.
- Representatives from LDS Family Services are working with local priesthood leaders to provide counseling.
Two smaller buildings at the Church’s Camp Hinckley recreation site near Lake Arrowhead have been destroyed.
- Four truckloads of relief supplies, including food, water, blankets, cots, and hygiene kits have been provided to evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium, the Del Mar Fairgrounds, and other evacuee shelters.
- Priesthood leaders are working with local officials to provide requested supplies and coordinate volunteers.
- Relief supplies are being provided from local bishops’ storehouses.
- Full-time missionaries are providing assistance at several evacuee locations.