The Buenos Aires Argentina Temple will be rededicated on Sunday, September 9, 2012. The rededicatory sessions will be broadcast to all stakes and districts in Argentina.
The public is invited to visit the temple during an open house from Saturday, 4 August 2012, through Saturday, 25 August 2012, excluding Sundays.
In conjunction with the rededication of the temple, there will also be a cultural celebration featuring music and dance on Saturday, 8 September 2012.
The Buenos Aires Temple closed on July 11, 2011 for an extended renovation.
There are nearly 400,000 LDS Church members in Argentina, with 10 missions, and 841 congregations.
Argentina initially was part of the Church’s South America Mission. Then, in 1936, that mission was divided into the Brazilian and Argentine missions. Membership grew slowly for the first 20 years, in 1945 membership in Argentina was 800. The Argentine Mission was divided in 1962, and additional missions have been created since then. By 1978, membership had reached about 40,000 members. The Buenos Aires Argentina Temple was announced in 1980 and dedicated January 17, 1986.