The following is an announcement from TheReturnedMissionary.com. To see the original post, click here.
Calling all returned sister missionaries! We need YOU to design the perfect sister missionary bag. No previous design experience necessary. Keep reading for details, or click here for a printable version.
10-Day Contest: Design a Bag for Sister Missionaries
She Traveled invites returned sister missionaries to design the perfect bag for sister missionaries in just 10 days. Designs should reflect personal style as well as practicality. No previous design experience is necessary. Prizes include gift certificates, naming the bag after a city on your mission, receiving a finished bag, and the gifting of your bag to sister missionaries in need. SheTraveled.com blog + shop will be live in August 2015. The site will feature stories and advice for preparing sister missionaries, in addition to bright, beautiful, globally inspired clothing & accessories. The winning bag will be available for pre-order in May 2015 and will be listed as a featured item on SheTraveled.com.
- Participants must have previously served as a full-time sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Bag body, pocket, and strap materials may be a combination of canvas and leather or leather only.
- Bag may have snaps, buckles, zippers, grommets, and other standard metal attachments.
- Bag may be in color, but please note that She Traveled may modify colors for production based on available materials.
- Please keep in mind the General Guidelines provided by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for sister missionary handbags, which state, “For safety and security reasons, handbags, jewelry, and other accessories should be simple and conservative. You are encouraged to choose shoulder bags and purses that are both professional and durable: backpacks are not professional.”
- See examples of appropriate bags in the Shoes & Accessories category of the Dress & Grooming Guidelines for sister missionaries on lds.org.
- Please compose your entire submission in one email to Contest@SheTraveled.com.
- Include your full name, email, phone number, and mailing address.
- Include the mission you served in and the dates you served.
- Include a sketch by hand or by Illustrator, Corel or any other drawing software. Sketch must show the front, back, and side of the bag. You may also include drawings of the based and interior.
- Include dimensions/measurements of full bag and pockets, including width/length/height, and strap width/length.
- Include a description of design details.
- She Traveled reserves the right to use any submitted materials for the promotion of this contest.
Examples of sketches:
- All entries must be received by Contest@SheTraveled.com on or before Sunday, March 22nd, 2015.
- All submitted designs will enter the first round of competition.
- Up to five winners will be selected by She Traveled design team based on the style and practicality of the bag.
- The winners of the first round will be notified by Friday, March 27th, 2015.
- The winners of the first round will be presented online to the general public from Monday, March 30th, 2015 to Friday, April 10th, 2015 for their bags to be voted on.
- One bag will be selected by public majority vote as the final winner. In the event of a tie, She Traveled design team will select a final winner.
- The final winner will be announced on Saturday, April 11th.
- The final winner’s bag will be available for pre-order between Friday, May 1st, 2015 and Sunday, May 31st, 2015.
- Pre-ordered bags may reasonably be expected to deliver in August 2015.
- She Traveled reserves the right to adjust dates if needed.
Awards & Prizes:
- A $25 She Traveled gift certificate will be awarded to all winners of the first round of competition.
- The winner of the final competition will have her bag made into a finished product.
- The winner of the final competition’s bag will be named after a city in her mission.
- The winner of the final competition will receive a finished bag.
- She Traveled will gift three additional finished bags to needful preparing sister missionaries in Africa.
Grab a pencil (or computer) and start sketching!