Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
Geoff Steurer, MS, LMFT and co-director of LifeStar of St. George, Utah, interviews Dr. Adam Moore on common questions about recovery from pornography and sexual addiction and betrayal trauma. In today’s episode, we cover the following questions:
* How can you know if the therapist you’re working with is qualified to treat pornography addiction?
* Does pornography addiction progressively get more severe?
* Do all women married to a pornography addict experience betrayal trauma?
* Do couples need to work with multiple therapists to treat pornography addiction and betrayal trauma?
* Is everyone who looks at pornography an addict?
Dr. Adam M. Moore is a licensed marriage and family therapist and co-owner of Sela Health, which operates mental health counseling offices in Lehi, Utah; Provo, Utah; Mapleton, Utah; and Las Vegas, Nevada. Sela Health employees have provided over 38,000 hours of counseling since the company’s inception in 2013. In addition to managing his counseling practice, Dr. Moore hosts a mental health podcast called Pocket Therapist. He also manages My Recovery Portal, a website that has provided on-demand addiction recovery content to people all over the world. Dr. Moore regularly engages in public speaking events on the topic of pornography and sexual addiction recovery, and has presented workshops to over 12,000 people since 2013. Currently, Dr. Moore serves as president of the Utah Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
Here are some online resources from Dr. Adam Moore:
* Guide to support LDS bishops working with pornography addiction and betrayal trauma https://utahvalleycounseling.box.com/v/bishops-guide
* Pocket Therapist podcast — a podcast about how to use words and language to create the life you want — www.yourpockettherapist.com
* My FREE content about pornography addiction recovery — www.adammmoore.com/media
* The counseling practice I manage – Utah Valley Counseling — www.utahvalleycounseling.com
* The counseling practice I manage (outside of Utah) Las Vegas Counseling — www.lasvegascounseling.com
* My Recovery Portal – my online education portal for free and paid content for pornography addiction recovery — www.myrecoveryportal.com
* Pornography addiction recovery workbook – http://www.myrecoveryportal.com/product/the-recovery-workbook-for-sexual-addiction-compulsive-sexual-behaviors/
The Illuminate podcast is brought to you by LifeStar of St. George, Utah, a program that helps couples heal their betrayed marriages. Learn more at www.lifestarstgeorge.com