Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
The following comes from LDS365.
Instead of a vending machine where you insert money and get something for yourself, these #LightTheWorld giving machines let you insert money to donate something to someone in need. Learn about the #LightTheWorld initiative.
Each machine has items you can purchase and donate to beneficiary charities that help feed the hungry, help ensure we all have clean water, and perform other acts of charitable service. Each machine contains items that will be donated to charities like care.org, the Utah Food Bank, EyeCare 4 Kids, WaterAid, and Water For People. See how it works in the video below:
Giving machines are located in the following locations:
- Manila, Philippines, SM Mega Mall, Epifanio de los Santos Ave, Ortigas Center: opens November 23
- New York City, Manhattan New York Temple, 125 Columbus Ave: opens November 27
- Salt Lake City, Utah, Joseph Smith Memorial Building, 15 E S Temple: opens November 29
- Gilbert, Arizona, Water Tower Plaza, 45 W Page Ave.: opens November 29
- London, England, Hyde Park Chapel and Visitors Center, 64-68 Princes Gate: opens November 30
In 2017, the #LightTheWorld giving machines raised more than $550,000 for local and worldwide charities.
100% of all donations will go to the charities. Administrative costs are covered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.